By now, you probably know that our recipes are proof that a healthy diet doesn’t mean compromising on flavour! This week’s recipe is for Mexican grilled chicken with eggplant, capsicum and chilli Relish. Not only is it a healthy meal, it also boasts in flavour!
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 chicken breast fillet*
75g red and green capsicum peppers, seeded & sliced*
75g eggplant cut into 3cm pieces*
(or substitute with more peppers)
Olive oil spray
2 shallots, chopped
2 teaspoon EatSlim Mexican Spice Blend
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons EatSlim Chili Sauce
1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
* Adjust weight to your portion size
1. Preheat oven to 200oc.
2. Weigh vegetables to portion size and place garlic, capsicum and eggplant on a baking tray, spray with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Peel roasted garlic.
4.Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium heat & sauté shallots, garlic, capsicum & eggplant, stirring for 2 mins.
5. Add 1/2 the EatSlim Mexican Spice Blend, water and EatSlim Chilli Sauce. Reduce to a low heat and simmer
covered, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
6. Coat the chicken breast with the remaining EatSlim Mexican spice and grill or BBQ until cooked to your liking.
7. Top the chicken breast with the relish, add the balsamic vinegar and serve.
Note: To increase servings to include the rest of the family simply times ingredients by how many servings are required.